Sunday, December 5, 2010

Movie: Labyrinth


Henson, J. (Director, Writer) Lee, D. (Writer). (1986). Labyrinth [DVD]. United States: Jim Henson Company.


Plot: "Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, I have fought my way here to the castle beyond the Goblin City to take back the child that you have stolen. For my will is as strong as yours, and my kingdom is as great..." 15 year old Sarah wishes her baby brother gone… she leaves the room for one second and poof he is whisked away by goblins. Now Sarah must venture into the Goblin Kingdom to rescue her brother Toby from Jareth, the Goblin King. On her journey, Sarah meets new friends who help her make her way through the labyrinth. Will Sarah make it to the castle before time runs out?

Genre: Fantasy, Comedy, Family Movie

Interest Level: Tween (PG Rating)

Similar Titles: The Dark Crystal, Willow

Personal Thoughts: I LOVE THIS MOVIE. It is one of those movies that I return to time and time again. I love David Bowie as Jareth – the songs in the movie are great too!! Dance magic, dance magic… Jennifer Connelly did an amazing job as a young and lost girl who learns some valuable lessons while dancing with goblins and making new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment